CALL for ENTRIES - Wax Stories
Niza Knoll Gallery in Denver, Colorado, is pleased to invite regional artists who incorporate encaustic in their art making, to submit their work for a juried exhibit. Eligibility is regional, including Colorado and bounding states: Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and Wyoming.
All entries must go through CaFÉ www.callforentry.org
Deadline for entry: August 19, 2015
Fee: $35.00 for three entries.
Upon sale... 60% to artist... 40% to gallery
First, second and third place recognition awards will be given.
Important 2015 dates:
Call opens: May 1
Deadline for entry: August 19
Notification of acceptance: August 28
Art delivered in person or by shipper to arrive at the gallery no later than September 25; more specific instructions will be sent to accepted artists.
Exhibit: October 2 ~ November 13, 2015
Artists Reception: Saturday, October 10, 4-7:00 pm
The Wax Stories exhibition will be juried by Collin Parson, Artist, Exhibition Manager and Chief Curator for the Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities in Arvada, Colorado. Collin received a B.F.A. in Theater Design and Technology with emphasis in Lighting and Scene Design from the University of Colorado at Boulder and has his M.A. in Visual Culture and Arts Administration from Regis University in Denver. His creative work involves the control of light and color to create vivid geometric light and space works. He has had the privilege of jurying many art festivals including Cherry Creek and has received many awards for his curatorial projects. A member of Denver’s historic Pirate: Contemporary Art and an artist-in-residence at RedLine Denver he was awarded 100 Colorado Creative’s by Westword in 2013. collinparson.com
The artwork submitted may be 2-D or 3-D. Two dimensional art must not exceed 40” wide. Three dimensional art must not exceed 12”w x 12”d x 24”h. Installation art must not exceed 40”w x 40”d x 144”h. All art work must weigh less than 20 pounds. Sizes must be included with submittal. All art work must be the same as submittal. All work must have been completed in the past three years. All art must arrive exhibition ready. This includes all hanging hardware and as- sembly instructions. Artists are responsible for all shipping costs, including return shipping with pre-paid labels to be enclosed in shipping containers. All shipped work must be sent in appropriate and reusable packaging. All work must remain for the duration of the exhibit. For work that is accepted, the artists must provide a one paragraph “wax story” statement which will be included on the wall label.
• Niza Knoll Gallery is not responsible for damage or loss during transport. Artists should insure work while in transport.
• Niza Knoll Gallery provides insurance for artworks while on premises for the value the artist would have received upon sale.
• Sales: All work must be available for sale during the exhibition. Please note that Niza Knoll retains a 40% commission on all art sales. Prices may not be changed after submission. Payment for sold artwork will be issued within 30 days after the close of the exhibition
• Submission to this juried exhibition constitutes an agreement on the part of the entrant to the conditions set forth in this prospectus. Niza Knoll Gallery reserves the right to final curatorial, educational, installation and marketing decisions, including the use of art images for publicity.
COMMUNICATIONS & NOTIFICATIONS
• All correspondence and notifications with entrants will be done via email. Please make sure that your contact information is correct. If you do not have an email address, it is advised that you create one before you enter.
• For technical assistance with your entry, please see www.callforentry.org/cafehelp.phtml or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wax Stories will be co-curated by Denver artists Patricia Aaron and Victoria Eubanks.
Patricia Aaron earned a MFA from University of Denver, Denver, CO and BS Business Man- agement from University of Maryland, Heidelberg, Germany. Aaron is represented by Space Gallery, Denver, CO; William and Joseph Gallery, Santa Fe, NM; and Water Street Gallery, Dou- glas, MI. Aaron is currently on the faculty at the Art Students League of Denver and instructs intermediate and advanced encaustic workshops. Patricia Aaron has exhibited regionally and na- tionally in solo, invitational and museum shows during the past 26 years. patriciaaaron.com
Victoria Eubanks brings 30 years of design experience to her studio. She has replaced pixels with pigment and now works primarily with encaustic medium. Victoria’s work has been exhibited in local and national galleries and is included many corporate and private collections. She teaches Encaustic Techniques at a variety of venues including the Art Students League of Denver, Breckenridge Art District and in her own studio. victoriaeubanksart.com